Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Very Happy Feet

Just went to see "Happy Feet" yesterday.
I must confess I was blown away by this movie!

True: I had very little expectations about the whole thing... The idea of realistic penguins dancing and singing all over a film that is not a musical seemed pretty awkward.
Penguins tap-dancing and singing tunes from the 80s and 90s... strange.

However the film surprised me. The animations (and motion capture) were very well done - it's hard to get some emotion from penguins, but they did a great job there.
But what really got me "wow" was the rendering: texture and lighting... The environments are amazingly real. The details in each shot are so many!...

I recommend to everyone. It's a must see!




6 comments:

Deocliciano Okssipin Vieira, aka Ochyming said...

I would go see it, when it opens here in Lisbon.

Paulo said...

Nice blog.
Thanks
Paulo
Portugal

david santos said...

Olá!
Bom trabalho, gus, adorei.
blog "SÓ VERDADES"

Até sempre,

Cleverson Leal said...

então você é assim também? Blogueiro?

Deocliciano Okssipin Vieira, aka Ochyming said...

Fui vér o filme e não gostei muito.
Excelente CG, mas as musicas me irritaram bastante.
Gostei mais do cars.

Gus Yamin said...

Confesso que o estilo "musical" me irrita também, mas acho que no geral o filme foi pra mim uma surpresa tão agradável que consegui abstrair um pouco da minha antipatia por musicais animados... ;)